Friday, September 18, 2009

I Hate Shots




Took Hayley to the Doctor today so I could get referrals for physical therapy and speech therapy. We arrived 5 minutes early, and got called back pretty soon after we arrived. I was pretty excited since we usually have to wait in the waiting room for at LEAST 20 minutes. We walk back and I immediatly start reading her a book. Then I sang some songs. Then I started throwing her up in the air (she loves that). Then I started looking around to see what else I could do since I had a very squirmy child who was ready for her nap. I looked at my phone to see what time it was and found that we had been back there for 35 minutes!!! I couldn't believe it. So we walked around the room some more. I pulled out everything I could out of the diaper bag for her to play with. Finally, ten minutes later, there was the much anticipated knock on the door. YES! The Doctor came in and we said the usually greetings and he sat down and asked "What can I do for you today?" I said, "I need referrals for physical therapy and speech therapy." He looked at me like I was an alien. He said, "We usually do those over the phone. Who did you talk to? We have a new receptionist." I said, "I don't know." He then proceeded to tell me that all I had to do was call the referral nurse and she takes care of everything. I sat there stunned!! Are you kidding me! Do you know how much it takes for me to get myself and one of the kids ready in the morning? So he told me that he could go ahead and give her the flu vaccination so our visit wasn't in vein. So she got her shot (she didn't cry either).


After the Doctor we got home and I was secretly hoping that Grampa had gotten Chase to sleep so I could just put Hayley down and maybe have some time for myself. I should have known that wasn't going to happen. My son never seems to cooperate with my plans. That's why I usually don't have any. I fed Chase and played with him for a while until he fell asleep. I put him down in his room and took the dogs out. As soon as I walked in the house I heard my daughter. Fabulous. I had 5 minutes to myself and I had to use them to take the dogs out :(


Hayley was up and so we had lunch and we played. She did some standing. She crawled all over me and she also played in the kitchen just swinging her toys around and going to get them. She must like the feel of the kitchen floor. At 3 I put her down for her nap and what do you know, as soon as I shut her door I heard my son. I think God was playing with me today. So I got him fed and put him down to play on the floor and I took the dogs out real quick. I walked in and got the dishwasher emptied and then I heard my Hayley! She usually sleeps til 5:30 and it was only 4:15. I was like NOOOOO!! Please go back to sleep, but I knew that wasn't going to happen. I went to get Hayley and then I decided that we would all go for a walk. So we did.


It's days like these that I count down the minutes till Daddy comes home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment